Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

Coffee Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Breakfast just isn't complete without coffee. I've tried drinking tea instead, and while I'm sure my body was thankful, my soul wasn't in it. I simply need my sweet, sweet cup of jo. So I thought, why not celebrate coffee in all its glory during breakfast? So that's what I did. I tucked instant coffee inside a bed of fluffy pancake, and let it cuddle up to some chocolate chips, butter and maple syrup.  Then I ate it.


I had every intention of making these pancakes from scratch, but somehow my baking powder disappeared in my recent move. I searched high and low with no luck. Normally I would have gone to the store, but since I had just gotten back from the store, these pancakes turned into easy pancakes. If you want to use a recipe, go for it! But if you're having a lazy morning, just fully commit and use a mix. No judgement here.

If you choose to use a mix, scale the coffee, kahlua and chocolate chips accordingly to the amount of mix used. If you use your own recipe scale the proportions to the amount of flour used. Keep in mind there is no real way to screw this up...it's pancakes with chocolate and coffee. It's gonna be good.

Coffee & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix
1 1/3 cup cold water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbs. kahlua
1 1/2 tbs. instant coffee granules

1. Mix together pancake mix and coffee granules together with a whisk to get rid of clumps. Add water, kahlua and chocolate chips. Stir to fully incorporate.
2. Cook on a buttered pan over medium heat. Turn pancakes when holes appear on pancake. Top with a bit of butter and syrup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.