Image Map

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ice Cream Sunday: Green Tea and Almond Ice Cream (Dairy Free)


When I had mono during my last year in high school, all I wanted were green tea flavored things. My diet consisted mostly of green tea ice cream and Arizona green tea. After this green tea binge, I had to take a break from it for a while. To this day, Arizona green tea is just yuck. Green tea ice cream on the other hand? I'll take all you got. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it!

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you probably already know my obsession with green tea. I made a post about all matcha things, I made these green tea cookies with almonds and white chocolate chips, and a green tea coconut latte. So of course I had to make a green tea ice cream!


I decided to go the non dairy route and used coconut milk which gave the ice cream just a hint of coconut taste. I also added almonds, because I really love the flavor combo of almonds and green tea. So yummy. You can't really tell from the photos that almonds are in the ice cream, but believe me they are there and they add a great texture.

Green Tea and Almond Ice Cream
1 can coconut milk
2 tbs. matcha powder
2 tbs. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract or paste
2/3 cups shaved almonds

1. In a small saucepan, add coconut milk and matcha powder. Use a whisk to blend slightly, and turn on the heat to medium. Whisking frequently until blended (mixture will blend easier as the coconut milk warms up).
2. Add honey and vanilla paste or extract. Taste and add more honey if desired (I like mine not super sweet). Transport to a small bowl, and place in the fridge until completely cooled (I recommend overnight).
3. Add mixture to ice cream machine and mix until the texture of soft serve. Add almonds and let fully incorporate. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer for several hours or until hard. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.