Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Balsamic & Feta Lentil Salad


I have become a huge fan of making a salad or soup on Sunday to eat the rest of the week. It makes lunch so easy! This week I have been munching on this yummy lentil salad full of tomatos, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. It's the perfect side dish at dinner, but also filling by itself.

The first time I made lentils, really I overcooked them. As I started to toss the salad, a lot of the lentils turned to moosh. I recommend cooking your lentils until you think they are aalllmost done because they will continue to cook a bit as they cool.

Balsamic & Feta Lentil Salad
2 cups cooked lentils
1 cup cherub tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, sliced and cut into quarters
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
Half of a large onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
salt & pepper to taste



1. Prepare lentils. I used this method and they turned out great.
2. Place lentils in a large bowl, and let cool. Once cooled, add all ingredients and gently toss.
3. Store covered in fridge, adding a splash of vinegar to salad if needed.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I love making lentil soup, as you said, it lasts a long time and saves some cooking time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO tasty! I've been really into lentils lately, so I'll give this a go. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad looks so good! It's practically all of my favorite foods combining into one yummy dish. Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try this for sure.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.