Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

Chocolate and Coconut Pretzels


Sweet and salty food is dangerously good, it's just so addictive! Kettle corn is particularly lethal, I instead call it "crack corn" because it's so hard to stop eating. These little pretzels dipped in chocolate and toasted coconut definitely fall into the same "addictive" category. Easy to make and even easier to eat, they remind me a bit of samoas but with more salt and crunch. Yum!



I made a big batch because I'm taking some to work today, so scale down the recipe as needed. Makes about 10 dozen.

You need:
mini pretzels
14 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
approx. 7 oz sweetened coconut

1. To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350 degrees and let bake for about 15-20 minutes, stirring periodically to make sure it toasts evenly. Once done, place in large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler or microwave. Be careful with your chocolate, you don't want it to seize! Here is some good info about melting chocolate.


3. Dip pretzel into melted chocolate, then into toasted coconut. Lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper/foil and allow to cool completely. I popped mine in the freezer to speed up that process :).

3 comments:

  1. Ooo YUM!!! I love chocolate, coconut & pretzels so this has got to taste amazing! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I'm currently eating a "breakfast mix" (with zero nutritional value, whoops) with coconut, chocolate and graham cracker pieces, so clearly this recipe is right up my alley.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look seriously amazing. I love desserts that combine sweet & salty.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.