Image Map

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

keep on keeping on.


Dress: Consigned
Scarf: Target
Boots: Nordstrom
Tights: Forever 21
Jacket: Delia*s

Thanks for hanging in there with me. On top of me feeling blue, this month has been really stressful. The heat isn't working in our house, and for the past month our property management company has been "trying" to fix it to no avail. Then we found out water is leaking down our chimney. Awesome.

Basically our cute little house is falling apart, which means we may have to move. Trying to find a place in Bellingham that allows pets is really difficult, so tears have been shed about the idea of having to get rid of Atticus.  So on top of feeling like I need a new job, I also need a new place to live. It's a lot, especially right before Christmas. But of course I'm thankful to have a job and a roof over my head (even though it's probably full of mold...blech).

I wore this casual outfit during an outing with my sister. The combination of a comfy dress, jacket, scarf, boots and scarf is my go-to for days when I want to be comfortable, but also put together. Which is pretty much everyday.

I think I'll conclude this post with a photo of Atticus, who is definitely in the running for cutest cat ever. That is, when he isn't crawling around in my cupboards, eating my white chocolate chips and tearing open bags of rice and pasta.

"who me? never! meow"

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm back in college and you just walked in looking adorable without really trying, again. Pssh. :)
    Way to keep on keeping on - That's the Amanda I know and love!

    ~ Megan
    http://sweetpeapumpkinpeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your house! That seems so awful. This is a great outfit though.
    Carlee

    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr, this post makes me sad. I am so sorry Amanda, but hang in there hun, things will work out. AND while things are working out, how about a getaway with the girls, a few bottles of wine, and new inspiration for a blog post found in Bremerton/Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. Things always seem to have a funny way of working out. Don't give up your kitty, just hide him. He's your baby!!!! I see all the lovely Instagram photos of you with him. Love the outfit. Those tights are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.